What to Expect From Us
Most of our customers aren’t really sure what to expect when they ask us to install a new roof for their home. It is our goal to make sure you are completely informed of the roofing process. We hope that the information we share with you today, will help you as you prepare for having your roof installed.
- First, you get to choose the color of your shingles and there is a GREAT variety of colors. We have sample boards you can check out and take home, addresses you can drive by or you can simply look at the sample colors in the material brochures that we both give to you and list on this website. However, the printed colors you see online or in a brochure may vary a bit, so we recommend coming down to our showroom, to see the colors in person. We will need your color choice about a week before we start your project. This way, we can order the necessary materials and be on time!
- Second, to dispose of your old roofing material, we will bring our company dump-truck the morning we start work on your roof. This means that we will need clear access to the driveway, so we can back the truck up to the home for disposal of your old roof. Typically it is best if homeowners can park their cars on the street or off to the side of the home.
- Third, people are often rightly concerned about their outside furniture and plants and clean up after we are done installing your roof. If you have patio furniture or breakables outside, it is very helpful if you bring those in or place them in a safe area. If some things are too heavy or difficult to move, our team will gladly move those items out of the way, so they don’t get damaged. Once the roof is complete, they will return these items to their place. It is also recommended that you remove any valuable breakable items (try to say that ten times fast!) hanging on your wall. While we are not doing any inside work, the vibrations from removing, loading and installing your roof can cause items to be dislodged. It is also extremely helpful if you can mow your lawn before we come out to your home. We will go around with a metal magnet to pick up any nails, etc. If the grass is short then we are less likely to miss anything.
- Next, many homeowners now have satellite dishes. We must remove the satellite dish in order to properly tear off and install your roof. The satellite dish will be re-installed in the same location, but you will need to call your service provider to have the dish realigned.
- Lastly, it is essential for us to have access to power. Please direct us to the closest outside plug-in. If there is no power source, we can use a generator but not only will this slow us down in completing your project, there could also be an additional charge.
Our office is open from 8 am to 5:30 pm, Monday thru Friday. Our office staff will be glad to speak with you and walk you through each phase of your roofing project. We would love for you to call or come visit us if you have any questions or concerns. Our number is: 503-540-9898 and our email address is: Sa****************@gm***.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Jeremy Dumanovsky Roofing